[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Your Lyin' eyes.... breed type vs style

  • From: ArDeJay@xxxxxxx
  • To: GSD0110@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:37:30 EST

In a message dated 11/23/2006 9:05:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
GSD0110@xxxxxxx writes:

I  remember seeing a dog in specials at the National a few years ago.
Before
they went in the ring, I thought he was the most correct beautiful  dog I
had
ever seen.  After watching him gait; however,  I  saw that he  pounded the
ground in front.  That incident taught  me that even though my  eyes said
that dog
was correct; his movement  told me otherwise. He was so pretty  that he went
Select that  day....Being a pretty Select still didn't make him  correct but
it
did make him a popular stud dog.

I have one criteria for picking  puppies from a litter.... movement.... I'll
take a chance that the  "ugly" puppy who can move will grow up to become
"pretty"  ;because I  know that the pretty puppy who can't move will not grow
up to
be a   mover.  Because no matter what my eyes tell me when he/she is
standing...movement doesn't lie.....he/she must BE  correct to  move
correctly.  And it
doesn't matter how pretty a dog  is:  if he doesn't  move correctly he isn't
correct.

Gary  Lewis
Garter GSD's

Same thing almost happened to me several years ago.Most Beautiful bitch in
Specials,had to find arm band number in catalog( long before sexes were
split)oops was a Dog !!!!

Donna Jacot,ArDeJay