[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Young bitch's season

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:48:13 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2008 9:36:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Good  morning all,
I have a 27 month old bitch that came into season on Friday  and the blood is
very dark, almost brown instead of the bright red that I am  used to with all
of my other bitches.  This is the third season she has  had since I bought
her.  All of her seasons have looked like this.   In between seasons she seems
to lick herself constantly like when she is  in.  The last time I took her to
my regular Vet and she ran a VC and put  her on antibiotics just as a
precaution but basically said that she could find  nothing wrong.  I am still
not
comfortable with this and have an  appointment with a different Vet tomorrow
morning at 8:00am.  Am I being  overly cautious?  Any thoughts or ideas out
there?
Patrick

Some bitches start out very dark, almost brown.  Others start  out that way
but are so clean there is a tendency to miss it.  Some spot  for a few days
while others come right in.  It's all normal.

What were the results of the VC?

And why on earth the "antibiotics as a precautions"?  Sorry, pet peeve  re
vets that hand out antibiotics like chicklets...if a vet "found nothing  wrong"
but wanted to hand me a RX they'd be fired.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds