[ SHOWGSD-L ] Young Entrepenuer - A bit OT but cute & dog related

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:12:46 EDT

I work at a grooming shop, and we are open 6 days a week, but we each get one
day off besides Sunday.  On Mondays, our counter help guy is off, and one of
his duties is to sweep up the dog hair we all cut, shave, and brush onto the
floor.  It's a never-ending job, and we have to clean up our own messes on
Mondays.

Today, the 6 year old son of the owners came to the shop rather than go to
his grandmother's house.

I had a lot of shaves today, and I really hate cleaning up so I offered Alex
$1 if he would sweep up the dog hair around my table.  He countered with "Make
it $2."  I was taken a little back, but I thought it was so funny I said sure
I'd give him $2.  He did a really good job.  I had to laugh when he asked me
to please stop dropping more hair on the ground when he'd already swept up --
I was still working on my last dog.  Then he decided to clean up the hair
around his dad's table, and told him the same thing -- to please be neater and
keep the shaved & trimmed off hair ON the table after he'd swept the floor.

He had a very lucrative lemonade stand in front of the shop on Saturday, and
he loves going to the bank to get $10 bills for ten singles.  He's only six,
but I think he's going to be quite the businessman!

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds