[ SHOWGSD-L ] You think we have problems?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:22:30 EDT

I was asked to tabulate votes for a National dog club.  They are  allowed to
nominate anyone they want, first for the Futurity and second for  judging at
the national. They can vote for first, second, third or forth.

I agreed to do this, and as the ballots came in, we checked them against  the
membership to make sure the members were the only people who voted.  I  have
no idea how someone who was not a member of the club would even get a  ballot,
but I just did what I was told.

It was amazing. There were 63 different people voted for to do the  Futurity,
in different levels, 1st, 2nd, etc.  There were 77 people voted  to judge the
national.  They don't seem to have a slate and it appears you  can vote for
anyone you want.

I don't know if they have a weighted ballot or not, so I just listed them  in
whatever catagory they were voted for, and the placement they were voted
for.  I saw a lot of my friends in there, and it was amazing to see what
happens
if there is no slate.  I listed 140 different people getting  votes.

Maybe this was to elect a slate, and if so, then anyone with five votes  won.

Each time I went to count a name, I had to go back on the list I had  already
done to see if the person was already listed.  To make it harder,  (which may
have been the point), all names were hand written. Some with  initials, some
with titles, such as Dr. and a few with Mrs., and in two cases  the same
person but without the Mrs.

I should learn not to volenteer.   I am so glad we at the GSDCA  pay someone
to do this for our club.  It took me nine hours to count the  ballots and send
out the results.

I am, however, very slow.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together