[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: You know what I wish?

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:14:21 -0800 (PST)

   Stormy, I so agree.  There is nothing so beautiful and balanced as
  the natural GS stack. They look as though they are ready to just take
  off for whatever need arises. That metatarsus lying on the ground is
  not natural and is offensive.  I guess the handlers want to  put emphasis
  on the slope of the topline.  There is little that a handler can do to
  improve a free stack on a good dog. I wonder who thinks we are to
  judge the dog by the way the handler screws his legs into the ground
  anyway.          Carolyn
Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:  I wish that the "fad" of stacking the dogs with the
near rear hock laying on
the ground. (the foot away from the judge) When did that start anyway?   I was
watching Fire and Yo out guarding the fence perimeter from the dangerous
squirrels and golden retriever today and noticed how beautiful both of them
looked
in a natural stack.   Their "inside" foot was in, but not so far as to have
their hock on the ground, and their "far" foot was balanced beautifully behind
them, but not so stretched out as to look awkward.
So, question is...when did the stacking become so stretched, when did the
Hock start replacing the foot on the ground, why is that? and ....and...
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

POST  is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of  any kind

PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE

http://mail.yahoo.com