[ SHOWGSD-L ] You Rock Austin GSDC and San Antonio GSDC

  • From: Kathy Potter <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 03:08:22 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

OK - you're wondering why I'm posting at this hour. Well.....USAIR isn't quite
as organized as the Austin and San Antonio clubs. I just arrived home from a 4
hour delayed arrival but I couldn't be happier. And I'm wired!! If you have
never attended these shows you must put them on your agenda. We had:

- 4 shows at the same site,
- 4 excellent judges,
- A great show site with a large ring,
- Hospitality like you've never seen. Lunch was brisket and trimmings, grilled
sausage and hot dogs with accompanying chips, pickles, onions, etc., great
brownies, super cookies and even donuts and coffee for breakfast,
- Comraderie and support like you've never seen,
- A judges forum which unfortunately I was unable to attend due to previous
commitments but which I understand was excellent. I think open discussion is so
important. We continued that theory Saturday night for dinner. 20 of us went to
dinner to celebrate, renew friendships and just talk dogs. What a blast.

Now some fun thoughts:

- HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to my friends Bart and Cindy Bartley and Doug and Lori
Kightley on finishing 2 gorgeous animals, Diesel and Notti. It was so great to
be there and be a part of it. These are all special people and super animals!!
- I haven't personally shown at a dog show for over 2 years. I've judged some
shows and I went to last year's National. What a memorable weekend to return.

My sincere thanks to Debbie and Michael who have cared for my dogs while I
cared for my mom and we moved our household to North Carolina. But also for
just doing what they do so well.

Best of all thank you judges Phil Miller, Doug Crane and Randy Darnell. They
awarded my girl Tokaye's Kiss Me Kate WB,BOW,BOB; WB,BOS; WB,BOW,BOS
respectively. So she came away from this weekend with 11 points (3 majors) in
her first weekend of serious showing. She was shown several other time as a
Novice several years ago. She is an awesome performer!! I have Debbie and Mike
to thank for that.

Lastly - thank you friends for all of your support....I have missed you.

Kathy