[ SHOWGSD-L ] Yesterday our family lost our best friend and protector

  • From: Donna Turner <gsdmomx3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:37:48 +0000

Yesterday our family lost our best friend and protector. Riley came to live
with us at ten months old we adopted him from the Delaware SPCA. He was a very
large German red and black dog. I had Riley registered with an ILP number and
we competed in obedience together. Riley had eared his CDX but we never managed
to get a leg in utility. Riley retired a few years ago. He put manners on many
a puppy in our house and was truly the king of his castle. Riley went
peacefully  yesterday afternoon in our kitchen. Riley was 11 1/2 and died  from
old age. I think his heart just gave out. .
I have had a few very well bred German  Shepherds. But none of those dogs have
touched me like Riley did. He was a once in a life time dog.And along with him
he took a piece of my heart. Our home will never be the same.

Donna Turner

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone.  Click here.
http://windowslive.com/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_MB_new_hotmail_072009