[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Yes we can, but why should we?

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:37:03 -0400

Well, after digging out the magnifying glass... most of the changes to the
by laws were 'housekeeping' type changes. Some changes were required by AKC
to allow for electronic communication of meetings/notifications.

The one I particularly was in favor of was allowing the board to grant a
'grace period' for membership dues. This would allow members who forgot to
pay their dues to be reinstated without losing the continuity of their
membership.

The other changed the section on charges... from having the Executive
Committee decide whether to entertain those charges to having the Board (or
a quorum thereof) decide. Makes sense to me.

Any other questions?

Ginger Cleary - Rome, GA
http://www.rihadin.com
Men fight for freedom, then they begin to accumulate laws to take it away
from themselves.  ~Author Unknown