[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Yahoo! News Story - Pa. Vet Accused of Faking Dog's Dea...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, two.feathers2@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:25:39 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/2006 5:46:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In the  case I was involved in, a man who was moving out of the
country brought in  his 2 perfectly healthy normal GSP's to be euthanized.
We offered to keep  them and place them, but he refused, I even offered to
keep them at my  home in my kennel, but again he refused.  These 2 totally
healthy  young dogs (they were both 3 yrs old) were put to sleep for no other

reason then the owner "didn't want anyone else to have them."  Both  the vet
and I were incensed, and honestly discussed doing something of  this nature,
but decided not to, because of the liability issues and  chance for this jerk
to sue if he discovered the truth, however it was a  close decision.  Oh and
the jerk had the nerve to cry while we did  it.

Just a question, but couldn't the vet have refused service to this  jerk?  I
guess if he was bound and determined he'd have found another vet,  but at
least you and your employer wouldn't have had to  deal...

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_