[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Yahoo! News Story - Pa. Vet Accused of Faking Dog's Dea...

  • From: Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx
  • To: cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, two.feathers2@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:15:05 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/2006 2:46:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
This is tragic, however, when I worked for a vet we had an incident that if
we had been able to pull something like this off I would have done so in a
heartbeat.  In the case I was involved in, a man who was moving out of the
country brought in his 2 perfectly healthy normal GSP's to be euthanized.
We offered to keep them and place them, but he refused, I even offered to
keep them at my home in my kennel, but again he refused.  These 2 totally
healthy young dogs (they were both 3 yrs old) were put to sleep for no other
reason then the owner "didn't want anyone else to have them."  Both the vet
and I were incensed, and honestly discussed doing something of this nature,
but decided not to, because of the liability issues and chance for this jerk
to sue if he discovered the truth, however it was a close decision.  Oh and
the jerk had the nerve to cry while we did it.
To this day, thinking about that incident seriously angers me.  Rest assured
that once it was all said and done I told the guy exactly what an
insensitive jerk he was in no uncertain terms and told him that I hoped he
had to live with the guilt of putting those animals down when he had other
options.  In the case of the news story, the vet was seriously in the wrong.
A number of years ago, i took a pup to a local vet because he had a problem
that i thought was  a megesophagus. The vet confirmed my diagnosis and
suggested the pup be put down. I paid him and left the pup there. A few years
later i
found that the vet and i had missdiagnosed the pup and the vet knew it. After
i left his office he gave the pup to a friend of his. I found out about this
when i friend of mine went to work for him as an assistant.I probably could
have sued him but i also found that this vet had severe mental problems as a
result of  terrible beating and murder attempt. I just couldn't bring myself to
sue and i found that the pup did have a good home which of coarse was very
important to me.    Bud