[ SHOWGSD-L ] YES Voters NO Voters

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Peggy'" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:38:41 -0500

The Board Members were not give much time to discuss the issue, and what
they had to go on was a presentation by him, a speech by Bill Pfeiffer as to
the ramifications if they did not vote him in, and very limited discussion
following.

While it may be that some were working in their own best interests, I do not
think you can lump all the "NO" voters in one group. I do not believe all of
those voting for his membership were working in their best interest. I do
not believe the Board Members had the whole story before voting. I feel many
regretted their actions once they knew ALL of the facts.

Of course this was a closed session, so our knowledge of the actual events
is limited.

And, for the most part, I am sure the board members have learned big time
from their mistake -

Haven't we all made mistakes at one time or another - BIG ones?  I know I
have. If you haven't, I'd love to hear from you. :-)

And we learn from them.  All we can do is rectify them as best we can.

Perhaps going through this makes them better board members having learned
what a fiasco can arise from not getting the whole story and not following
proper procedure.

Just my personal opinion,

Cyndy

  _____