[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wynn Strickland

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "InquestGSD@xxxxxxx" <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 07:02:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for letting us know Ileana.  This is such sad news.  Wynn was my
inspiration when I got my first Shepherd in 1974.  Over the years, like so many
of us, I used her books over and over until they are all pretty well worn.
Expert Obedience Training was my first training book and always the one I felt
was the very best.  Her "German Shepherd Today" written with Jimmy was my Bible
when I started showing in conformation.  I am really bummed.  Her knowledge and
love of the breed was a great treasure to us.  I do not typically contribute to
memorials, but this is one that I will definaely want to participate in.
Cynthia