[ SHOWGSD-L ] Wrong is always wrong

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:56:31 EDT

Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:

Not only  are the board members not allow to
give their opinion on board  happenings, the opinions that ARE given
must be approved by the  Executive Committee.

As I said, we were to start to criticize the board on August 4, 2011.   The
time is now.  Limits to information are always wrong.

Of course it is wrong.  This is just an extension of the few board  members
who do not want to act in the light of day. When I first took a lap-top  to
a board meeting, I was told I could not use it during the meeting. I
ignored  that demand.

The first meeting I was a member, I was told by Ralph Roberts that if a
club member asked me something, I could not respond, it had to come from the
club secretary.

Both of these people intended to do the right thing, but they were  wrong.

Hiding what is being done is only causing more problems. If you can't stand
 behind what you do, get off the board.  At one point the club president
used to have many closed meetings, so people didn't have to say in public
what  they wanted to say. If you can't stand behind what you say, don't say it.

We are about to elect new board members.  Make sure you put on the  board
people who you trust, who have the best interest of the breed in mind, and
are honest enough to be seen in public with their opinions.

We, the little people, are the club. Our board is our representitive and
should be proud of what they do.  There should be a free flow of  information
of what is being done, and a right to criticize.

But, then again, I am not on the board, I am not running for anything and
am one of the little people

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together