[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wrong

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:32:13 -0400

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:08:40 EDT, Gsdman2@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

>When this split occurs, and it has become obvious that you intend to =
work for=20
>that,

Well... First of all, the FCI breed is called the Berger Blanc Suisse,
not Blanco Swiss. I know... It's nit-picky. But there it is, if only
in the interest of spreading correct information. Unfortunately
though, none of our AKC or UKC registered dogs will be eligible to
join in the fun and be added to their gene pool simply *because* (1)
AKC still registers white dogs as GSDs, and (2) FCI does not recognize
the United Kennel Club!  :(

However -- and this might very well interest some of you -- AKC has
apparently informed one of our Club members who imported a BBS that
they will register that dog as one of YOURS: i.e., a German Shepherd
Dog, color white. So, unless you guys want to see these dogs (BBS)
being crossed into your gene pool, you'd better get a handle on this
situation with AKC... and quickly!! And please don't blame us. The BBS
belongs in the FSS program and nowhere else right now. But AKC doesn't
see it that way and has taken steps to ensure that dogs of breeds
where colors and coats might be acceptable in FCI countries but not
here cannot get into the FSS at all. (Fat lot of good that thing is!)
So much for a working relationship with FCI.  :/

>what will become of the black and tan dogs that are born as the Blanco=20
>Swiss?

Haven't we all agreed that it's genetically impossible for a colored
dog to appear in a litter born to 2 white parents? So, that's pretty
much a moot point.

Karen C.
...who likes WSs, but will be getting another (hopefully DARK) sable
GSD this Fall!