[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Writing On The Wall??

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

My question would be why offer something that is no longer desired? The proof
is
in the entries.
Terry

________________________________
  From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, May 06,
2011 10:16 AM

  Surely that is a good idea. Especially during Futurity season regional
specialty clubs that are

  not hosting a futurity cannot get enough of an entry to  support their club.
Look at the number

  of regional specialty clubs that are  folding.  In Louisiana we have two
regional specialty clubs

  left and  neither one have stand alone specialty. They do their shows with AB
shows either

  as a night time show or a supported entry. I think it will come a point
where  exhibitors will
  need to decide what is more important a match placing/win or a  win/major at
point show.

  Lee Brown

  jim_barnhart@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

  I  support the futurities and plan to show four of my own youngsters in my
region but looking

  at the futurities held so far I have to wonder  about the future of this
event.

  The MA Regional had thirty-seven  dogs  shown in their futurity which looks
good when

  considering that  the SE  Regional had sixteen dogs shown in the their
futurity with no

  class  having more than three entries and five classes having one or  two
shown.

  The SP Regional had only eighteen shown and five  classes with  one or two
shown.

  Hopefully the remaining  futurities will do better  than this.
  Maybe time to reduce the  number of regions.  Jim  Barnhart

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original

any
post.

MANNER
ALL