[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wow, Awesome, Amazing

  • From: "Ann Solt" <marina1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:21:44 -0400

What fun reading about your young pups on sheep.  Last night at puppy
kindergarten class, Bev Melcher introduced our pups to sheep (4 sheep in her
large pen).  My little guy just 4 mos, pulled right out on the longline and
not only was interested but actually moved the four sheep very quietly but
steadily around the ring.  He is so tiny he could have walked under any one
of them but they did move for Bombay out in front on the line!

I then tried my  young "Venetia" 10 mos,: whom I just picked up 2 weeks ago.
She did the same.  She was very deliberate, very calm out about 20 feet or
so in front of Bev on a long line moving the sheep all around the pen in a
very controlled manner, no scattering, no fleeing sheep.  WOW it was
awesome, I was so impressed.  She never took her eyes off the sheep and when
finished, was so "very very proud" of herself.

Proud "MOM", he he!

Ann Solt