[ SHOWGSD-L ] Works for me

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:07:16 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/2006 7:54:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Stormy435
writes:
And your lovely bitch who  just misses being a show dog but produces so
beautifully must be spayed?   Or your great stud dog, who is now retired from
the
ring, must be  neutered?    And those pups that you know would grow to be much
healthier and mature much better if not spayed at 4 months, but wait for
their  full growth, say at 18 months?  they should be neutered at 4 months to
comply with the ordinance?

Not at all. There is no definition of what a  show dog is, (actually it is
labeled a performance dog) so the bitch is a show  dog.  Or, if that doesn't
work, don't live in an unincorporated area of Los  Angeles County. There is a
large country outside that area.

We are not an island. Other people do not like  our sport, and there is a
large overpopulation of dogs in our nation.  We  can't ignore the fact, and
just
because we want to breed and show dogs, does not  make us the King. We have to
find a way to respect those who do not agree with  us. If they allow show
dogs to breed, and except performance dogs, I see no  problem with restricting
neighborhood breeding.

When we lose tolerance for the rights of the  majority, we are going to find
ourselves tilting at wind mills.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together