[ SHOWGSD-L ] Working Dog Show & Stuff!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:21:09 -0600

Ah, memories,  I have too many, and to see the Booker's post today reminded
me of a lady here in La., who, many many moons ago, invited me to join her as
she traveled to Germany for the BIG ONE.   Our GSDs are far too smart to just
run around in circles etc., without some incentive or what ever --
Some folks, even on this list, may have attended same.   She told me that a lot
of the kennel folks in Germany will have a bucket of water and run in front of
the
dogs, to get them to move out for the judge to see their trotting expertise.
 I've never been over there, but I know it would be a wonderful experience.
Not sure if they do this, but it's what she and a few others told me about
"doubling"
The GSDs seem, to me, to be far more -- oh, how can I word this -- === I have it
PRIORITIES --- Yes, that's it ---    One year as my husband and I had some -
dis-
agreements ---  I told him that our problem was different priorities.   These
dogs
really do NOT put food as the #1 priority,  WE are their #1!!   I dearly loved
my
dogs and was totally blessed as they would actually turn and lick my face in a
thank you manner, before even touching their dinner.   Oh, how I miss them.
Lovin' Da List            Norma   no L & 2 critters