[ SHOWGSD-L ] Work if you have to

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:12:41 EST

In a message dated 11/19/09 12:26:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:
On the  working end of things, it does depress me when I look in each
Review for breed  champions recently granted working titles.  There are very
few.
  Conformation is not everything...especially to the  dogs!!!

I know that I agree, but I have no time to do working stuff. I have  to
find time out of the office to go to a show, and I have a wife that works all
day just taking care of the dogs. There is no time to go herding, or to
train a  dog. I envy those who can take time off work to train a dog. I have no
doubt  that most of the dogs in the ring can do it all, but the owners can't.

When I retire I am going to be too old to remember what working a dog is,
since I never intend to retire. Unless I am too senile to do this, (which
may be  now).  But, I am about to head to court, having come in at 6:00 a.m.
to get  some work out before I leave.

I work, Tedi works, and the dogs get to eat and rest.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/