[ SHOWGSD-L ] Words & names

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:32:16 -0600

Oh, I just thought, search & rescue  & tracking, both, to me, seem to be a form
of hunting
and these dogs of ours are great at that for sure so we don't want a shirt
indicating they
don't or can't hunt - just not hunt E.     I've followed this long thread and
surely hope we'll
be able to come out of this odd situation smelling a lot better than used dog
food.
On why I feel our dogs are a lot more versatile (sp.) than others.  In
studying, I found where
most breeds were developed by 1 or more folks in a hobby situation, not their
main job.
However, I see where our Max was a Soldier and didn't actually do his
researching and
dog breeding until he retired from the military.  I think, mostly due to the
concentration
of having this as his passion and not distracted by other stuff, he developed a
dog to be
able to not only herd but protect as well as bond with the owner along with the
animals
the dog was to assist man in care etc.
Oh, I would tell folks that Herr Doberman was a tax collector -  Aha! I'd pay
my taxes.Ha!
Just some trivia I've noticed and wanted to share, right or wrong, but I'll
always say good
stuff about our GSDs.   Take care and keep posting.   Norma  no L  & a couple
critters