[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wolves and Hybrids

  • From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elsyd1 <elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:08:10 -0600

That's true - wolves will avoid strange people and tend to be more shy than
aggressive.  Wolf attacks on people are practically non-existant.
Aggression
in a hybrid usually comes from the "dog" side of the family.    In the
woods, a pack
of feral dogs are much more dangerous than a pack of wolves.
Janice

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:20 PM, <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I had three wolf hybrids at one time, and being 75% wolf, they were very
wolf-like in their instincts. They were friendly to strangers as cubs, and
got
more and more shy as they got older. Being shy is normal and natural for a
wolf,  it is an instinct that keeps them alive and thriving in areas where
they
are not  hunted and shot by cowards. They were submissive to me, and very
wary
of anyone  else. Syd