[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Withholding Ribbons and Judging assignments

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:06:54 EST

Ok, here is my also humble opinion.
This judge obviously has his/her own interests at heart.  Doesn't want to
piss any one off so he/she will continue to get judging assignments.  This is
NOT
a loss to our breed.

Yes, people will get upset when their dog doesn't win, but not an issue when
a dog of equal or better quality wins.  Ok, they may gripe and not admit it
but I bet they would show under the same judge again with a different or
improved dog.  As I would do.  KNow the judges likes/dislikes and enter
accordingly.

The judge you mentioned is a coward and doesn't know the breed.  I would not
give this judge my entry.  That said, I have shown under a judge or two that
withheld ribbons.  Again, IMHO, the judge was correct.  One dog limping, the
other a very sweet pet, but not a show dog.  One more was my own dog, a German
girl.  She tried but is NOT a show dog.  This was in my early, early time with
GSD's.  The judge was right.  My girl had no business being in that ring.  She
was the only one in her class and the ribbon was withheld.  I was sad but not
stupid.  She has gone on to become and awesome dog, just not in the ring.
(2004 Hero Dog, Good Will Ambassador)

Hope this answers you question.  IMHO this judge is an idiot!

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/