[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Withholding Ribbons and Judging assignments

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:10:14 -0500

Peggy, GOOD FOR YOU !!  Great to hear that she didn't say that, and
great that there IS another side to the story..!

Jackie, you might want to have a "talk" with the person who first
claimed this is what was said by this judge.

The dog fancy is a very small circle, with no anonymity.  As I explained
to Carmen at the recent Board meeting, Showgsd-l is not like the
anonymous "Internet" where people go out to chat rooms, use false
identities, and pretend to be who they aren't. .  That makes it very
different, in operation and effect.  While we use Internet connectivity
to receive from and send to the List, here we all either know one
another or know of one another.  Things that are said don't just float
out into the atmosphere; they are communicated to people who know us.
If the things that are said are untruths, or half-truths, the result can
be very unfair.

I found this out first-hand not long ago, when someone used email and
email lists to try to smear me with completely untrue claims.
Eventually, it all came back to me, and I was able to put the truth out
there to respond to the lies..

Margy Golant

mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx