[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wisconsin -- HSUS getting busy

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:49:53 -0700

BREEDERS RED ALERT— AUGUST 18, 2009

URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT * URGENT
* URGENT

DFOW has just been notified by a very credible source that between now
and just after legislators
Society of the United States
will be orchestrating a breeder bust.

If you have been listed in a breeder directory, have shown your dogs
or have advertised a litter in
any publication in the last nine years—you must be on your guard at
all times.  Do not allow anyone
into your home without a search warrant.  In the State of Wisconsin,
Animal Control officers and
HSUS do not have police powers.  They must be accompanied by law
enforcement (although some
law enforcement officers are also animal control officers) with a
search warrant in order to enter your
premises.  If HSUS is working in conjunction with law enforcement and
there is a search warrant,
you must cooperate.  DO NOT SIGN OVER ANY OF YOUR DOGS if threatened.
Do not believe
those that state that the charges against you will be lessened if you
sign over your dogs.  Video tape
the entire proceedings.  If you are detained asking questions while a
search is going on, have
another individual available to video tape or photograph the
proceedings.  Ask for proof of
identification.  Get names and license plate numbers for those coming
onto your property.

Some breeders have had to get special permits in order to have more
than the arbitrary number of
allowed animals in their community and have had to waive their
constitutional rights in order to get
those permits.  If you are in this situation, you must contact a
lawyer and find out what your rights
are TODAY.

If animal control or law enforcement come to your door, walk out of
your door and shut it behind
you.  Do not allow them to enter your home—you go out to them unless
they have a search
warrant.  Please read the article “What to do when animal control
comes knocking”
http://www.dpca.org/BreedEd/when_animal_control_comes.htm for more
details.

If anything seems amiss, make notes of dates and times, take names,
get witness names, what they
did, take photos, and keep a log of suspicious activities.