[ SHOWGSD-L ] Wisconsin Cats & ARO's

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Barbara Galasso" <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:11:35 -0700

 Thanks for the information Paul.  You always have an intelligent response
backed up with evidence of your subject matter.  I always enjoy reading what
you have to say.    Sad, sad situation.  My concern is, what or who's next?!

Paul adds...

It's a man's own inhumanity to man kinda thing Barb...only in this case it
to feral cats. We as humans pay a price for being able to reason as
completely as we do. Sympathy or empathy is a very good thing...but it
wouldn't be necessary if we used our gray matter to prevent the problems we
face like these.

Like I posted to Sally...I concur the feral situation is a serious problem
and letting feral adults back into the wild isn't a solution. It is...the
best of a bad situation.

That said...this is a perfect segue into the ARO's and the fancy uniting to
defeat them. The reason they don't want to create responsible pet owners is
they wouldn't have as many feral cats, domesticated cats, mutts, or
pedigreed dogs to pick on. They don't want companion animals of any kind to
live on this earth. As the current Prez of HSUS...Wayne Pacelle...has
said..."We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different breeds of
livestock produced through selective breeding. One generation and out. We
have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are creations
of human selective breeding.
He represents a faction of society that doesn't want animals period...let
alone responsible owners.

ARO's will generate almost $200,000,000...yep millions...in donations this
year to see to it those wishes become fact. They are involved in every facet
of life when it comes to any animal. They are trying to stop all animal
agriculture...the growing of animals for food...as well as abolish the
existence of companion animals in any form.

I ask you all...are we going to let them succeed? I'm not crying wolf
here...just asking for help in slowing and stopping their progress. If we
want our way of life to continue then they must be stopped. And...as Peggy
pointed out in another post...groups like PCRM are starting to be given some
legitimacy when they should not. All these folks are doing is spouting
unsupported AR rhetoric.

The real danger lies in groups like the Animal Legal Defense Fund. They are
receiving millions in grants from people like Bob Barker and Mickey Rooney's
wife and setting up Animal Rights Law chairs at some of our most prestigious
and influential Colleges and Universities. These are the groups that are
backing the Guardian push in hopes they will be able to appoint guardians
for animals that cannot represent themselves. If that happens...it won't be
long until the courts will swamped with attorneys from ALDF arguing animal
rights law.

My, my how I do go on...but it's not without knowledge or concern. Your help
is urgently needed.

Paul