[ SHOWGSD-L ] Win/Win...Same day specialities

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <RFWFORGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:07:45 -0700

Personally I think two Specialties in one day would be a win win for almost
everyone,
including the dogs.
I'm thinking if I have to travel the length of California to shows in L.A.. or
up to
Oregon
for a full day of driving going and coming home.......and they have two Clubs
putting
on
two shows each day to get four shows done in two days makes it a lot better.
For the dog......I don't have to make TWO LONG TRIPS with them crated for a 10
hr.
drive ......to be gone TWO weekends.  How could that be harder on a dog?   It
makes it
better
for the dog and a heck of a lot cheaper for the traveler.   Two  Hotel nights
for you,
your
handler and less time on the road for the dog.......not even getting into the
price of
gasoline!

One long day of work for a Club........yes.    TWO long days for the Handlers
and
owners ......yes.   But in the long run......less time, more free
weekends.....less
expense.
I think we might get back to larger shows if exhibitors knew they had that ONE
weekend
make those shows......and the other 'usual' show weekend would be gone.

Please don't tell me our GSD's can't handle going in the ring twice in one
day......sigh.....for
those that have a dog that can't handle it......show at just one show.   It's
still a
choice.
We might even see a loose leash occasionally this way!!!   <G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com