[ SHOWGSD-L ] Wilma & Fred make it to their 1st. National (part 1)

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:27:06 -0500

                                                       Wilma & Fred make
it to their 1st. National

by

Barbara J. Galasso

So Wilma and Fred double check to make sure they have Koochie Koo in the
car with them this time.  They needn't had worried because he made sure
they knew he was there all right.  Not even an hour into the ride and
Kocchie's throwing up all over his crate and even parts of the car for
good measure.  Wilma says to Fred, "you fed Koochie didn't you?"
"Didn't I tell you no food until we got to the hotel Fred".  "Oh Wilma,
don't start in on me", Fred pleads.  "I couldn't stand him watching me
eat my "Jimmy Dean" sausages and him not having anything", so yeah, I
fed him".  "Good Wilma says, now you can get out and clean up after him
yourself"

So Fred goes around to the back of the car to do the nasty job of
cleaning up after Koochie.  "Hey Wilma, I put the clean papers down in
his crate, but what am I suppose to do with the soiled newspapers?"
Wilma bites her tongue and finds herself looking up to the sky.  When
she can take it no longer, she shouts back to him, "you dopey man,
didn't you bring any large garbage bags for accidents like this".  "No,
I didn't", Fred shouts back.  "It wouldn't have hurt you to remember
either you know".  "I refuse to argue with an idiot Wilma says, so you
better get back in the car before one of those 16 wheelers run you over".

"Well isn't this just a nice "how do you do" Fred, Wilma spits out at
him.  Now we have to drive for miles smelling dirty newspapers."  "How
am I suppose to eat my liverwurst sandwich now?"  He whispers under his
breath, "I'd like to tell you how you're going to eat it".  "What you
say hon" Wilma asks.  "Nothing my sweet", he answers as he tries to
straighten out his toupee that the wind just threw to the other side of
his head.  "Oh you look adorable Fred, she says.  "Come on let's get
going, no one's going to notice which side your toupee is on any way."
"Oh yeah, what about the girl at the toll booth" he counteracts as he
tries to straighten his hair piece out.  "Like you're ever going to run
into her again," she plays with him.  She giggles while he sulks.  He
does look funny she thinks to herself, but decides this is information
better not shared with him.

"Wilma, we're driving straight through" Fred says.  "I'm not spending
any extra money on any motels until we get down to North Carolina."
"Cheap, cheap, cheap," she mocks him.  "What do you mean cheap Wilma",
Fred asks. "Tsk, he say's.  "It's costing me $39.99 a night to stay at
one of those well known chains, "Motel 54's".  "They even have one of
those motorized beds for added comfort he says with pride.  "Yeah, the
ones that vibrate and make all that extra noise to keep me awake at
night" Wilma complains.

 "Hey Wilma, you going to share any of this driving with me?"   "It's a
20 hour ride you know."  "Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.....can't do,
can't do", Wilma answers.  You know my back just can't take the
driving.  I got to put my chair in a reclining position to try to get a
little shot eye, she moans.  Within minutes, Wilma's sleeping and
snoring loudly.  Right about now, Fred would like to stuff one of those
soiled newspapers in Wilma's mouth.

Finally, the sign is blinking up ahead and Fred can see Motel 54 a half
a mile down the highway.  Fred is exhausted.  He shakes Wilma awake to
let her know they are finally here.  Wilma takes Koochie for a walk
while Fred unloads the car.  They get the key to their room and let
themselves in.  The smell that greets them when they open the door is
enough to make Wilma gag.  Fred tells her not even to start
complaining.  He tells her, "afterall, you asked them for a pet friendly
room, so what did you expect it to smell like".  "Kind of reminds me of
home" he says.

Within an hour Koochies fed, and Wilma and Fred have taken their showers
and it's lights out time.  Wilma can't wait to get some sleep.  It's
been a long trip.  Just as she's ready to close her eyes, she hears the
very loud humming of the vibration bed that Fred and Koochie are sharing
and now it's her turn to listen as Fred is catching up on his zzzzzz's.
Wilma sneaks over to turn the vibration bed off and Koochie growls at
her to not even think about
it.                                            to be continued.......