[ SHOWGSD-L ] Will I ever catch up?

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:14:48 -0500

Hi everyone:  I am so behind in my e-mail correspondence.  I want to
thank everyone who answered my questions about the ROM stud dog and
brood bitch questions.  We certainly get an education on this List.

I'm so behind because I'm on three GSD Lists, another personal List, and
now I just got an invitation to join a writing group List the other
day.  I don't know how they got my name (any of you guys the guilty
party?), but they asked if I would like to join them.  I looked around
their web-site a bit before making the committment, and I thought we had
a big group here.  They have over 6,000 members!  So I joined.  Many of
these members are already published writers, journalists, editors, etc.
Wow, am I intimidated!  LOL!  Got lot's to learn though.

So I submitted my little humble story "A boy and his dog" and asked them
to critique it for me.  I got some constuctive advice from the List
moderator who I'm waiting to hear back from now to some answers to my
questions.  When they correspond back to me, I'm not always certain what
they mean because they talk in a different language from us dog people.
I know what our abbreviations stand for on this List (GSDCA or PC), but
theirs is all foreign to me.

Then I met this great guy who really enjoyed my story because he said
he's a dog lover too.  Then he got back to me again and invited me to
send him some more of my dog stories and directed me over to his
web-site which is mostly dog related and he's got books selling on
Amazon.  He told me, he might be able to help me get some of my works
published.  So I sent him an idea I want to do centered around my "Wilma
and Fred" spoof.

So now I got to get back to the e-mails and see what I've been missing
on this List and what the topic of discussion has been about for the
last couple of days.  I'm sure I'll be joining in the discussions again
soon.  You know me, never at a loss for words.  No pun intended! I was
up until 5 a.m. last night writing another story.  I'm told as a writer
you need to continue to write every day.  I found myself so over tired
today that I took a little nap (which I never do....can't sleep in the
day) at about 3:45 pm and I passed out.  I woke up about 6:45 this
evening and I thought it was the a.m. instead of the p.m., and I said
"oh my gosh, Amber never got her dinner or was let out".  Turned the
television on, and Seinfeld was on, so knew I was still in the evening
and not the morning yet.

So it's just me trying to catch up with all of you.  Best wishes,
Barbara Galasso