[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why we survive

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 6/12/13, ELG440@xxxxxxx <ELG440@xxxxxxx> wrote:

This is an opinion that comes up every ten years or so. I first heard it
with Lance. We were breeding so much on Lance, that the breed was doomed.
Some went so far as to advertise that they lines free of Lance.<<
Can you go back on any pedigree today and not find Lance in the America
bred GSD unless they are Euro bloodlines?  Just because he is not on the
close up pedigree it does not mean Lance is not in their bloodlines.

<<So, you have to look at the big picture, the national data banks and not
your own statistics. If you think we are driving people from the breed, how
do you answer that it still is within the to three in registration, as it
has been for over 50 years?
Evan L.  Ginsburg>>>

Evan, the reason the GSD has been in the top 3 is not due to GSD Show dogs.

http://dogs.oodle.com/german_shepherd/for-sale/

Anyone can breed a GSD and register with AKC if their parents are
registered in a  approved Breed Registry regardless of country.

It is not just the American Show GSD's here but can be any GSD registered with
AKC.

Theresa