[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why we do what we do

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:45:07 EST

In a message dated 11/15/05 5:51:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
amidon@xxxxxxxxx writes:
???Some  of the posts spew such hate..This is a list
about dogs..We all share in  this wonderful hobby..We all see things
differently so lets be nicer We all  are entitled to our thoughts and
what we believe  in.

Maybe it is just me, (shut up Paul) but I haven't seen that much hate, just
some passionate people.  I was amazed to read the post that said there were
no good shoulders at our national.

 I still remember watching Rollins out of Veterans or  Happyandyouknowit in
Specials.  For type, how can we forget the class of  Stud dogs when Sight For
Sore Eyes brought into the ring so much type it made my  eyes sore.

I do think if the ring is too small, perhaps type is going to be noticed
more. If you have a 70 yard ring like we did in Concord, the dog better be able

to move.

We all have the same goal in mind, and it is not always to breed the  perfect
dog. It isn't to improve the breed, or to eliminate all faults. It is  not to
get rid of hip or elbow problems in our breed, or even to establish  perfect
temperament. It is not to perfect the health of our dogs, or to breed  the
next Grand Victor.

The goal we have is to enjoy our lives, live them fully and try to get out
of this world without doing a great deal of harm.

 We have chosen to do that with German shepherds, and that should be  enough.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together