[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why was it done - Closed Sessions

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:33:26 EDT

Unless the RFP specified that all information provided would or could
be made public, it should only be available to those responsible for
making the selection for the contract or position.    Distributing
the information for any purpose other than the one it was provided
for,  is a violation of privacy   This is not an elected  position, so the
actual contents of any of the  applications should not go beyond the
board or selection committee. Let alone to a forum that includes
non-members of the GSDCA.

Even if the board member(s) who leaked it didn't put it on the list
themselves, the fact they provided private information obtained in
the course of their duties as board members, makes the GSDCA
liable if any damage or injury results.

This not only invaded Susan Casey's privacy, it put the GSDCA in a
position of risk.

But I suspect you already know that <G>,

Janice

In a message dated 8/13/2006 9:09:06 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
BAERENTATZE312 writes:
Closed sessions of the  Board:   Matters dealing with personalities; special
awards  such as being  placed on the Roll of Honor; President's Citation
Award;
Honored   Guest at National; dedications; as well as disciplinary matters and

other  sensitive matters shall be discussed at a closed session of  the
Board.
The President and/or members of the Board shall  feel free to call for a
closed  session, or sessions, at any time of  the Board  meeting.
---------

Thanks Pat, that is not in my  Manual.

What about selection of a Review Editor would fall  under  that?  I would
hope
that personalities was not a basis for  selection  of this position, and I
doubt it was.

I guess it  was a sensitive matter.  I didn't see  it as such, but what do I
know?  Perhaps the removal of Gail was sensitive,  and I expect  that was
done
in a closed session, but the selection of the new   editor seems just like
normal club business.