[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why vote? (was Why I will never vote to change the White DQ)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, rautt75@xxxxxxxxx, lyloak@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:07:11 -0400 (EDT)

I absolutely respect that, Joan. And that hasn't been questioned,  ever,
that I've seen.  I dont think anyone is expected to change their  breeding
programs to incorporate whites, or blacks or whatever.

We are at a crossroad with this issue, and looking for  a solution.

Are these dogs (owners) capable of securing registration? Yes
Are they been registered as GSD? Yes
Are these dogs recognized by the Parent Club? Yes (accepting entries is
recognizing)

We cant have it both way.

Are they in or are they out?  Even more important, do they want in or  out??

In the past we followed decisions by other organizations when dq'ing
whites, without proof or research.

Let the membership decide. And the board must recognize and  respect the
wishes of the membership. All I ask is that people make an  educated decision.
 What a concept, eh??

And regarding your "gosh" sentence, dont even get me started....LOL!

Ileana

In a message dated 10/29/2013 9:52:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Just 'cause they are there we that care will not breed to  them.
Gosh,  lets all breed to dogs with bad temperament, hanging ears, etc.

Joan F. Fox
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
tel: 440-759-4119
_http://www.campaignersgsds.com_ (http://www.campaignersgsds.com/)

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:49 PM,  "InquestGSD@xxxxxxx"
<InquestGSD@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I just did a brief overview on the Willis book,  and when studying known
genetic defects on the breed (an entire  section of the book is dedicated
this) while long coats and  wire coats are referenced, not once is white
coat
mentioned. The  array of known possible defects is quite long, btw.

Why were whites  DQ'd  in the first place?

Ileana

In a message dated  10/29/2013 9:40:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
_InquestGSD@aol.com_ (mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx)   writes:
They  already are in our gene pool. They have been there.
Hell, apparently  piebalds are in our gene pool as well.

Ileana

In a message  dated 10/29/2013 9:36:30 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
_campaignersgsd@yahoo.com_ (mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:

If someone could explain to me  what good it would do  for our current gene

pool to include whites I  could  rationalize all this.
Joan

On Tuesday, October  29,  2013 9:31 PM,  "_InquestGSD@aol.com_
(mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx) "
<_InquestGSD@aol.com_ (mailto:InquestGSD@xxxxxxx) >   wrote:

Meaning no disrespect to anyone, but neither Jim   nor  Randy were there
when

the changes happened. All they  are  sharing  is their interpretations, and

applaud  them for taking  the  time.

If I may, I will suggest that  before anyone jumps on either  of the side's

emotional  bandwagons, do your homework, and read  the  following  books:

-The German Shepherd Dog (Capt v   Stephanitz)
-The  German Shepherd Dog, a genetic history of  the  breed.  (Malcolm
Willis)
-This is the German  Shepherd  (Goldbecker/Hart)
-The German  Shepherd Dog (Ernest  Hart)

Why  are WGSDs allowed to register??  Why does AKC  accept their
registration? Because they are German   Shepherds.

I have found  no real scientific evidence to justify  the  supposed fear of

poor health on the white GSD's,  only a lot of  misunderstanding.
Stephanitz
shared  that faded color was  (in  his opinion, no science) a sign of  poor

health, but even  he  admitted that white was not  the same as faded.

I understand (  I think  ) the deal  about Obedience Victor. Allow me to
present  a  different  point. Remember the first dog you got? You had no
idea
of
rules,  standards, politics, etc. You  just loved your  dog. And it was
that
dog
that imprinted  in you the love for the  breed. At that point, all things
were  secondary, yup, even  color. All that matter was that  you  loved
your
German  Shepherd.

Personally, I  feel if an  entry is good enough  for the money, it should
be

good enough for  the prize.

I understand that the  wishes of the membership need to be  respected. You
all know  me enough to know that goes without  saying. I just wish people
would
vote with their heads, not  their  anger.  May  it not be a case where we
are
just voting  against an   issue because you want to vote against a   person.

JMO

Ileana

In a message dated   10/25/2013  5:38:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
__rautt75@gmail.com__ (mailto:_rautt75@gmail.com_)
(mailto:_rautt75@gmail.com_ (mailto:rautt75@xxxxxxxxx) )     writes:
The  whites were once in the Breed Standard and bred  and  shown by
prestigious  breeders of the day.  It isn't  like  they  were never part of
the
Standard.   The reasons  for their DQ  was found to be faulty.     You
might
want to
also go back and  read the article by  Jim Moses.
Anne,  GA

Sent from my  iPad

(mailto:_lyloak@yahoo.com_)
(mailto:_lyloak@yahoo.com_ (mailto:lyloak@xxxxxxxxx) ) >   wrote:

> The question should not  be why so  many  disapprove of whites  but why
there are those that are  vehement  in their breeding  against the
standard.
As a
breeder I look at  myself as  a  guardian of the  breed.  There is a
standard
and a reason for   that  standard.  For those looking to  have more
background
I  would recommend  reading Randy   Darnell's article in the latest
review

POST   is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the
original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS of
any kind  are permitted without prior permission of the  original author
AND of
the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS  RESERVED.

Each Author is responsible  for the content of  his/her post.  This group
and its administrators are  not  responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in any  post.

ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE  POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A  VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
BE
PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact the List  Management at  _admin@showgsd.org_
(mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx)