[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why vote? (was Why I will never vote to change the Whi...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, rautt75@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:48:40 -0400 (EDT)

I learned they are pretty serious about testing for MDR1.

We know this is usually something common in dogs w/ white feet, aussies,
collies, etc.  maybe one of the white breeders could expand if it is
something color linked.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 10/30/2013 9:43:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

I was  afraid your sarcasm was going to go unnoticed... of course, no one
SHOULD breed to undesirable traits. Besides the color, what other
undesirable
traits are present on white dogs? Anyone?  not that there  are white,
that's  too easy, and, as some  have pointed out, not  enough, as the gene
is
already present and existent.  That's  what many are missing....whites are
already part of the gene pool.

Will every breeder be willing to have their stock DNA'd, and spay or
neuter
those animals that are found to carry the white gene?  I sure  as hell hope
not.

Maybe this will bring awareness to those breeding  other non desirable
traits, harder to point because they blend in.

This is not a fight, or shouldn't be. This should be an excellent  learning

opportunity. Those who don't want to talk to me because I  like white dogs,
what  a shame.  I also like poodles, wire fox  terriers, japanese  chins
and
corgis. I guess I am going to  hell....lol

Ileana

In a message dated 10/30/2013 9:29:34  A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It  has  nothing to do with what whites produce or what colored dogs
produce.  It  has to do with what traits are considered  desirable or
undesirable.
The  white color along with an  undershot jaw (and other traits) according
our  breed standard in  effect for many years is considered an undesirable

DQ.   There are those of us  who although are not that vocal, feel
strongly
that the current standard is correct and should remain the   same.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 30, 2013, at 8:08  AM,  Anne Utter <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> White coats  do not  produce any more of the undesirable traits than do
the  coloreds.
> How  can you even put these in the category with  undershot jaw etc.
This reasoning does not make  sense.
> Anne
>
> Sent from my  iPad
>
>> On Oct 30, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Cyndi Flautt   <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> What harm  would  it do to include dogs with an undershot jaw?  They can

still eat and they  are German Shepherds.

>>  Sent from my  iPhone
>>
>>> On Oct 30, 2013, at  7:27 AM, Anne Utter  <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> turn that  around - what HARM would it do to include  whites ?
>>>
>>> Sent from my  iPad

gene pool to include whites I could  rationalize  all this.

there
when

Willis)

fear
of
Stephanitz

no
idea of

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.