[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why vote

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:57:19 -0700 (PDT)

Did you see the AKC Registation papers on the dog to know they
were GSD's as a child you see things differently.

But still the fact is they were never a German Shepherd Dog,
only shepherd dogs owned by shepherd's.

What is today was not in the beginning of the breed.
It was created by dogs of past of another breed.
Otherwise they would not look  another breed.

It would be interesting to know why Dr Nuff left
UC Davis shortly after the Panda discovery.

Theresa

 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why vote
 To:  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 12:58 PM

 I am not 100 years old....and I saw a
 FEW Piebald GSD when I was younger.
 They are not new....they are just NEWLY MARKETED now.
 I have in the past had some conversations with their
 "founder"....<G>
 Like whites...they have the same DNA as our GSD...and are
 not riddled with
 health problems...and they don't carry the gene for albino.
 Does not mean we should accept them as one of the colors of
 our Breed!
 Those that breed them are not concerned with the Standard
 and because they
 are breeding for specific color or markings they no longer
 resemble our
 Breed.
 The GSD Standard is not a concern for the Panda
 breeder..never has been.

 Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 www.marhaven.com