[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why our Clubs are dying out...Question?

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

Not exactly related but this brings up a point about entries.   When I first
started showing; specialty shows still could have 20 dogs in a class.   Years
and years ago they had 50 or more.......were all of those dogs capable of
finishing their championship?   If not, why did these people bother showing?
Were they clueless as to the quality of their dogs or was it something else?
Answering that question might help in determining why entries are so low and
what we can do about it.

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com