[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why only 2 Obedience Judges? Answer

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Joan Fox'" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:14:45 -0700

A couple of board members filled me in.
They said that only 2 judges were nominated because the Board did not make a
decision on where to hold the 2008 National until the last board meeting
after they had seen the Conroe site. Because they didn't have a definite
2008 site/date, the board members who typically bring performance judges to
the table would have had to give any potential judge 2 different dates and
sites to hold.  That might be ok for a conformation judge who is dying to
judge our national but any obedience or performance judge would think we
were crazy.  Judging our national is not a huge honor for a lot of them and
they get booked very far in advance.

So, please get your favorite obedience judges to run by petition.

Cyndy

Cyndy Davis
North Bend, WA
www.texasdogs.com <http://www.texasdogs.com/>

  _____

From: legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: 6/8/2007 7:39:57 AM

To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Nominated judges for 2008

Yes, we need at least 3 judges for obedience.  Plus, it would be good to
have some extra names to choose from.  Dalene caught that right away when
the B-O-G came out.  I don't know exactly how that will be rectified, but
I'm sure it will be fixed before we vote.

Linda

Legato German Shepherds

I think it's interesting that only 2 obedience judges were nominated when

typically we use at least three, don't we?

Cyndy