[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why newbies are quitting.....

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: oesterle@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:46:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2007 2:08:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
oesterle@xxxxxxx writes:
The  judge informed this woman that this animal was not of the quality to
deserve  being in his ring.  Also she was told to never breed this bitch.
Now,
besides the outrageous lack of consistency in the two rings,  why  would
someone new ever want to come back after being spoken to that  way...  I was at
loss for words after this phone call...  I didn't  know what to tell her...

The judge that can withhold first place on any animal that is their choice,
only has to state in their book lack of merit.  By giving the 2nd place
ribbon it keeps that animal from returning in for Winners class.

The judge was out of line for telling her the animal the animal did not
deserve to be in the ring and certainly should not be passing judgement at to
whether this animal should be bred. The judge is there to judge the animals and

if he did not want to give her a blue ribbon that is fine but that is where it
 should have ended. I would tell her to file a complaint with the ACK judges
department on this judge.

Lee Brown