[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why newbies are quitting...

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: volunteer202@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

Marcy,
I think your comment was very tackful and helpful--certainly not offensive.
One thing that troubles me is that breeders will sell newbies a "show prospect"
puppy, often at a premium price, that isn't really competitive.  A person could
go bankrupt trying to finish such an animal, particularly a bitch!  As hard as
it is to find show homes for puppies, it would be nice if breeders would take a
chance on serious newbies more often and sell them a dog worth the price they
are paying!  It is hard to watch people fall in love with these dogs, after a
promising win, only to be disappointed down the road.  Honest, objective
opinions from knowledgable people are certainly hard to come by--but worth
their weight in gold.

Zoa

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com