[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why newbies are quitting...

  • From: Marcy Smith <volunteer202@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:34:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am interested and encouraged by the suggestion that the disappointed puppy
owner take her dog to a breeder for an evaluation.  I have wondered if this is
an appropriate step to take.....and how the request might be received by the
breeder who is put in the middle.  Especially when a puppy is purchased from a
breeder in another part of the country and the owner doesn't have the luxury of
returning to the breeder to have the maturing dog evaluated, there is a need
for objective feedback.  Would it be putting the local breeder in a difficult
position asking them to give an opinion on the results of another breeder's
work?  Would the local breeder welcome the opportunity or dread it......and
feel the need to be less than honest?  I could understand a local breeder's
reservations about doing this.  Could the newbie expect an objective opinion?
It would be invaluable if it is indeed available.
  I've wondered about this.
  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and I hope I haven't offended.
  Marcy Smith

FareChase.