[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why newbies are quitting.....

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:53:36 -0400

"Gina Oesterle wrote:
 Well I just got a phone call saying that the pup was just shown at an
all-breed show today and didn't exactly have the same success. The puppy was
the only one in the class and came out with a second place ribbon. First of
all I didn't even know that was possible. I thought the ribbon was withheld
if the dog wasn't worthy. The judge informed this woman that this animal was
not of the quality to deserve being in his ring. Also she was told to never
breed this bitch. Now, besides the outrageous lack of consistency in the two
rings, why would someone new ever want to come back after being spoken to
that way... I was at a loss for words after this phone call... I didn't know
what to tell her..."

Tell her there are jerks all over the world and she just met one in the show
ring.
Tell her some judges forget their duty is to the breed and the people who
show their dogs and think it's all about them (the judge).
Tell her if she shows in the specialty ring it might not be the same
emphasis as the all-breed ring and it won't be the same if she dares to show
in the SV style ring and it won't even be the same if she picks a specific
venue to concentrate in because not all judges judge the same. (Why I have
no clue)
Tell her even if she wins there are spoilers who may say endearing things
like "Don't enjoy it too much honey, the judge is blind".

Mostly tell her there are a LOT of nice people out there in the show ring,
judges and exhibitors, don't give up like I did and cheat her good dog while
waiting to find them.

Rachel & the Ark
http://aaronswoodsarabians.homestead.com
http://www.k9-workshop.com