[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why newbies are quitting...

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:12:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2007 1:59:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
volunteer202@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am  interested and encouraged by the suggestion that the disappointed puppy
owner  take her dog to a breeder for an evaluation.  I have wondered if this
is  an appropriate step to take.....and how the request might be received by
the  breeder who is put in the middle.  Especially when a puppy is purchased
from a breeder in another part of the country and the owner doesn't have the
luxury of returning to the breeder to have the maturing dog evaluated, there
is a need for objective feedback.  Would it be putting the local breeder  in a
difficult position asking them to give an opinion on the results of  another
breeder's work?  Would the local breeder welcome the opportunity  or dread
it......and feel the need to be less than honest?  I could  understand a local
breeder's reservations about doing this.  Could the  newbie expect an objective
opinion?  It would be invaluable if it is  indeed available.

My point was, this is another opinion.  Get opinions from as many  people as
you can, then decide for yourself who is giving you a valid answer and  who is
just making noise.

In the end, you have to make up your own mind, but the more people you talk
to, the more ideas you will have to work with.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together