[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why newbies are quitting.....

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oesterle@xxxxxxx, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:20:22 +0000

Years ago I was at a dog show and watched a breeder/owner handle her own bitch
in bred by.  [Best I can remember] The judge withheld the ribbon and [this I do
remember] told this breeder/owner that the girl should never have been shown
and she was not a good representative of a GSD.  Several of us at ringside
stood and [almost] laughed - not at the breeder but AT THE JUDGE.  The dog
already had three [MAYBE 4] Specialty majors and needed either one or two
single points to finish so Andrea just entered her at the closest A/B show[s].
She was a BOS futurity winner also.  The dog was SELECT Ch Andiron's Penny
Stock.      The judge was a fool who didn't have a clue.  That day he put up a
dog that was very balanced - NO front and NO rear and nothing in between.
Never got a decent entry in our area again!
Not every judge can evaluate GSDs.

--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com