[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why is The GSDCA all over the place?

  • From: Sally Hayden <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 15:07:07 -0600

I basically decided to stay out of this but your first sentence has really
irritated me. a large number of the old members - the ones who work their
buns off for the breed, donate money when asked.  are there when the clubs
need them are unappreciated. so much so they are not being allowed to be on
committees and are being forced out of many areas of their expertise. I
hope there is a huge influx of new members that hit the streets running and
know exactly what to do  because those old members just might not be
around  to help out
Time to wake up and smell the flowers everyone

sally.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No one has ever suggested that "OLD" members are unappreciated or even will
> ever be so. But the undeniable fact is that our older members are dying,
> or cannot
> afford memberships or what have you..which means our numbers are down .
> NEW members need for the most part to come from a younger group,<
>
> > Suggestion why not give the "OLD members free membership if they can no
> longer afford to join?  It seems to me they already have put in their dues
> throughout
> the years.  Afterall it is those members that have been there, done that
> to know
> how the past contributed to the present GSD.  New members are needed too,
>  but
> if we lose the history of the past we just live in the present not to know
> how we got here.
>
> I see today way too many people are not interested in the pedigrees of
> their dogs
> but that is what makes the dog.  The "OLD members can help new members
> learn
> the importance of their dogs pedigree.
>
> I read a few years back that the GSDCA had planned to put out a CD each
> year
> of the AKC registered GSD's, what happened to that plan?  Even if you have
> the AKC Stud books throughout the years or have them available it doesn't
> help today to trace back a GSD you purchase.
>
> Theresa

> POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
> and its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in any post.

> PROSECUTED.

> http://showgsd.org/mail.html

Sally