[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why even become a judge?

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, caretti@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:10:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2006 9:08:06 AM Central Daylight Time, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
writes:
But they continue to judge because they love the breed.
Totally agree and I certainly have come to realize that once the finger has
been pointed, it is a done deal so whatever anybody has to say means nothing. I
know I put up the dogs that in MY OPINION on that day were the best.
Handlers and owners will get upset with you and they may boycott you for a
period of
time but my experience has been that they come back and show in your ring.
This has happen to me with a few people <G> Most that have boycotted me at one
time or another and is back showing in my ring have done some winning in my
ring. One good example which is not GSD but a handler who did not like the fact
that I did not put his bitch Special for the BOB. The next time I judged that
breed he sat at ringside while I judged over 50 dogs in that breed. My thoughts
were he sure is losing lots of money today. <G> Sure enough the next day he
showed about 10 animals, a big price to pay to try and make a statement. Did
not
bother me at all had a great time judging.  Once he retired that Special he
showed his next Special to me he won the breed from me, the working group that
day and a BIS from me.  He was so surprise as I am sure he thought this would
never happen since he was so ugly to me he forget to take the BIS rosette. I
had to call him back and tell him you forgot this and handed him the rosette.
This new special is a GREAT one. He now shows a number of breeds in my rings.
Have I forgotten how he treated me NO but he gets treated like everyone else in
the ring. Now on the outside of the ring I totally ignore him as I have no
desire to be friendly with someone who has an attitude like him.
Bottom line what I am saying judges do what you want, ignore the comments let
them roll off your back like water on a duck and continue to do what you
enjoy.
Lee Brown