[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why did you vote for Mr. Hunte

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bonnie Dinsmore <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

What I would love to know is did the board have a report in hand 2 weeks prior
to the  original Hunte vote. I believe that is the duty of the president and
the executive committee. I had never heard of Mr. Hunte before this matter was
dealt with by the board.
  Terry
<hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Bonnie, I read your post and I used to share a similar viewpoint. However I
want all to consider something. I think there may have been some who voted
for Mr. Hunte, because they truly had no problem with his being in he club.
In all actuality they admired his business savvy and after all her ran a
"sterile" facility. However, I think there are some who voted in favor not
for Mr. Hunte, but voted yes simply because they felt the by-laws, P&P were
not being followed. So in essence, they weren't voting for him per se, but
against the how the situation was being handled. How it was handled, or a
lack of it, is what could have potentially led us to litigation. Because
the threat was real, that is why a letter of apology was put in the Review,
perhaps as part of the terms of avoiding a lawsuit and a bit of damage
control. Keep in mind that I am just guessing at this, no one has told me
anything. However this past week we can see how when the rules aren't
followed anyone is fair game. Also some of the Board members who voted yes
for Hunte, may have voted NOT to terminate Margy, on the flip side, some
who voted against Hunte, may have voted FOR removing Margy. I think what we
need to collectively examine is how each individuals track record has been.
I know this is a complete different position than I took earlier, but now
this recent incident with margy was handled, or not handled, has made me
rethink many things. As I told someone yesterday, I have never learned a
damn thing from anyone I agreed with, with that said, I think even though
we may have disagreed with some aspects of how some on the Board voted for
Mr. Hunte, we may have in the process learned the importance of abiding by
the By-laws and P&P. bottom line I am in favor for whatever the greater
good is. If that means replacing some who may have voted against Hunte, yet
are difficult to deal with in all other aspects, who disregard abiding by
the rules and guidelines of our club and who have kept the club in a
perpetual state of chaos, and are unable to work peacefully within the
guidelines of our club, then they need to go, never to return. the Hunte
matter should not be anyone's only defining moment! Regards, Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL
> > BE PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> > ---------------------------------
> > Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.
> > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

> > POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the
> > original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> > FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
> > original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >
> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL
> > BE PROSECUTED.
> >
> > For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

> POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?