[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why You Should Join the GSDCA

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <CYNECAGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:17:35 -0500

I dont disagree Lew.  I too have enjoyed the ride, and really enjoyed it
when I was a PC member.  I plan to enjoy it again once I can budget the
money in to pay the dues.  Unfortunately I just dont have it now.  It takes
everything I have at the moment to cover household bills and be able to show
my dog at a few select shows.  My choice is literally "pay PC dues and get
back in, or show Meme at a show this month."

Now, with summer coming and the shows slowing down, I can take some of what
I am not spending on handler fees, grooming equiptment, travel, hotel, food,
ect. and send $100 to the PC for dues to get back in.  I am just returning
to the fold after being out of dogs for 7 years and out of the PC for about
12 years.  My current husband, who fortunately loves the game, is just
finding out how expensive it really is.  Funny thing is, he's the one who is
pushing me to rejoin the PC.  I keep saying I will as soon as I can afford
it.

You are right, there are many reasons to join, and I do plan to do so.  I do
want to say however that there are just as many reasons to join and be
active in local clubs, and I often wonder just how many PC members are still
actively part of their local club.  I may be way off base and will discover
most of the PC members, and the board ARE active in their local club.  If I
am then GREAT!!!!  I will be VERY glad to hear it.  I am not trying to make
PC and board members justify their affiliations, I am just curious, and am
honestly interested in knowing.  If I came off any differently, then I
apologize.

Cindy Gialluca