[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why Utah?

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:00:30 EST

A Utah site would be about 12 hours or less drive from anywhere on the West
coast.  Every mile to the East that you put a west coast national, increases
the chances that more people will drive there.  People generally bring more
dogs
when they drive to a national.  According to mapquest, it is about a 19 hour
drive from St. Louis (that would be 17 with Peggy driving <G>).  A Utah site
makes sense to me.
For those of you who have never had a national within a couple of hours from
your home ... Be careful what you wish for.  When the national was in St.
Louis, it was about an hour drive for me.  When it is back again, I will get a
close motel room.  Think about it ... Would you enjoy yourself it you attended
national but your motel room was an hour drive from the site?

Honestly ... The most important thing to consider, other than being a dog
friendly site, is to make it drivable for as many people as possible.  Utah
accomplishes that for a west national, in my opinion.
Tom Langlitz