[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why People drop OUT!

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:27:07 -0500

I believe people drop out for a lot of issues.  It is easy to say that people
just get mad and give up so they drop out.  I disagree that it is just that
easy.  I believe that there are stages to "dropping out".  People love the
German Shepherd Breed and sometimes they just need a new venue.  Face it we all
get tired of doing the same thing all the time.  If you have done conformation
for years you might get to the point that you want some other kind of challenge
or challenges.  Therefore you try a performance venue or maybe take up tracking
etc.  Nanc and I love conformation and use to love driving all through the
night to get to shows.  Not any more.  As we age we are trying to do things
that are easier on the body and mind.  We have been flying to shows and we
bought a golf cart and swimming pool to assist with training the dogs.  It to
me is an evolution of our mind, body and spirit.  Are we always going to do
conformation?  Who knows but we are not going to give up the sport just because
we get mad at the politics.  We like trying to beat the odds.  We believe our
breeding program is stable and can with stand all the new waves of "whatever"
some one or group tries to say is best or standard now.  We just keep plugging
away and always try to listen and learn and then decide for ourselves what we
are going to do.  After all when it is all said and done, we will only have
ourselves to blame, if we get mad and leave the group, take some ill advice
when we knew better, or let someone else make the decisions about or kennel or
breeding program.  We are in control of our destiny....so don't give up!