[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why I don't ask Judges Their Opinion

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gailbauman1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 12:50:19 -0800

On Mar 7, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Gail BAUMAN wrote:

> I have a friend who many times has asked the judge what they did or
> didn't like about her bitch

This caught my eye and made me remember the first and only time I
asked a judge about the dog I was showing.  It was in the early 80s
and she was my first show dog and I was showing her myself.  When she
did not win over a bitch that I thought inferior to her, I politely
asked the judge after she was done judging why the other bitch was put
up.  The judge looked at me with  a very  straight face and matter-a-
factly said:   "Well, the handler on the other bitch is also a
Chihuahua  breeder and so am I."

And, yes the bitch I was showing finished,  was my foundation bitch
who was a Champion UD and I put some of her minor points and one major
on her myself.

I have never asked again!

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com