[ SHOWGSD-L ] Why I Find It Odd

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:20:24 EST

In a message dated 2/2/06 8:13:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I know I  sound angry...but I am. Maybe when you can no longer fly your dogs
to a  show...have to pay $500 in LA for a Breeders Permit...and won't have a
PClub  because the ARista's will have won...you all might  understand.

Paul is right to be angry.  When the world is against you, and the  majority
tells you that you no longer can do what you want to do, it does make  one
angry. If everyone but Paul and I decided to ban German shepherds, I will  just
find another way to spend great amounts of my income.

I fight where I can, and when I can. I have never found it to be of much
value to post what I am doing, or to yell into the wind against an idea. When I

represented the AKC in San Francisco against Breed Legislation, I just went
there and told them very calmly if they passed the law, I would see that the
Court of Appeals struck it down. It was not passed.

It is a mistake to think that because we do not answer a question, or shout
our emotions that we are not working, or are not involved.  Paul, on the
other hand has always been very public about his feelings on things, and that
is
good for all of us. He works out front and is always willing to put himself in
 front of the cannon to make sure our rights are protected.  I am glad he
does, but that has never been my style.

I did always wonder, however, when I watched the movie the Invasion of the
Body Snatchers, when there were only two normal humans left, why the fought so
hard to remain different?

Maybe they are right, but I will continue to fight as long and as hard as I
can, and when I lose, if I lose, find a way to accept those things I cannot
change.

If everyone in my county says I can't own a German shepherd, I will  move,
give up my dogs, or sue to change the law.  I probably will not post  about how
upset I am.  Since I so seldom post anyway.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/